Monday 26 March 2012

Final Major Project

This blog will evidence my researching for my Final major project, detailing research into designers, artists, photographer work etc that inspire me for this project and how they will influence or further my experimentation's and designs for this project.

For this project i wanted to expand my pattern cutting skills and fabric manipulations in the subject of fashion, creating modern and elegant silhouettes fusing new shapes with traditional pattern cutting methods and techniques to create designs and silhouettes that had a desirability but a reflection of the old world elegance in their construction and design details.
My main inspirations for this project came from a trip to the blue planet aquarium recently, which inspired me for modern bold vibrant colour palttes and design detailing, even silhouette with a fluidity in the movement of the fish. but i also was inspired by the Film 'Coco Before Chanel', the film inspired me to take classic elegant shapes produced by Chanel and fuse the two ideas to create my own unique patterns. this idea would then allow me to experiment with fabrics, materials and manipulation techniques to build up and challenge my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment