Wednesday 9 May 2012

Further samples from pattern magic book


Continuing my samples and primary research i had been really inspired by the eyes and gills of the fish from my photos, (primary photo of the sharks from the blue planet above) the movement particularly of the gills inspired me as it reflected the soft fluid movement of the fish while they swam. I then came across a technique in one of my Pattern magic books which really interested me  whilst trying to intrpret the gills and fins. it was called Jabara and involved layering or folding of fabric to create 3D forms similar in shape to the sharks and fishes gills and eyes. it could also be produced and manipulated into many forms like those from the book below.

I was inspired by all theses styles so created my own samples of each, the technique to create them was quite challenging but ones mastered and understood achievable and the results where very nice they where also quite polished looking particularly the far left and the centre style.all are techniques that have challenged my skills and given me skills and knowledge of new techniques i can develop and manipulate for this project and in the future. i have also developed sketches that include these techniques within the designs.
below are my own examples and of these techniques and placements on the stand testing how i could use them or place them on the body.











No comments:

Post a Comment