Saturday 5 May 2012

My results using Shibori

After researching the Shibori technique and seeing all the interesting results that could be produced i couldn't wait to try out the technique for my self, particularly using chiffon because of its light weight quality and easy of manipulation for the process.
 Below are some photos of my own samples.

































These samples take inspirations from the fishes. for example the fin shapes, scales and tentacles of the jelly fish from my primary photos taken at the blue planet aquarium.
the results i feel are really interesting and have worked well particularly the scales and fins and the shapes are well held together using this technique. i have also taken them a step further by sewing them between or on top of cotton in a layering technique, creating a further sample that i could add onto my garment if i decide to use the technique.
this idea also relates back to my past designer research where i said that the idea of creating texture in the construction of the garment appealed to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment